Today is National Injury Prevention Day.
What steps will you be taking to prevent injury to yourself and to your loved ones?
Injury is the number one cause of death of Canadians between the ages of 1 and 44.
Every single day in our country, 48 die from an injury, and 634 are hospitalized. This Wednesday, July 5, 2023, Tatonga would like to help raise awareness about the tragic effects of predictable and preventable injuries.
Who among us have done any the below?
- Rode a pedal bike without a helmet.
- Stored cleaning products under the kitchen or bathroom sink.
- Mowed the lawn without eye or foot protection.
- Jaywalked across a busy road because it was quicker.
- Left items on the stairs to take up (or down) on your next trip.